View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 07:14 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Mixed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
Tanks for the tip However, our Ontario wines are world renown

Mind you last August we toured the Napa Wine Valley and I was surprised that when we mentioned our fine wines no one ever heard of it
Rolf-Dieter, we Americans are a great people, but our economic expansion and industrialization beginning in the late 1800's and particularly following WWII, caused us to be somewhat myopic, as we tend not to look very far past our boarders. That's changing now, of course, but not because we want to but because the world out there is passing us by.

As far as Canadian wine is concern, isn't Canada very cold, has a lot of snow and that why you need Mounties, right?! (Sorry couldn't help myself.) I'm sure you've noticed how we think, and I must say that Canada has been a exceptional neighbor.

For years, Californian business promoted Napa Sonoma wines as the better tasting alternative to the other kind of wine, French. Not much was ever mentioned about any other national variety, and this I know because my grandfather and his Italian relatives stomped their own grapes and made some pretty good wine, both here and abroad. Quite honestly, I don't think my family's wine was any match for Napa Sonoma or Canadian wines, but you understand my point.

Enjoy your wines, and someday may I have the opportunity to share a bottle of Vino with you, Rolf-Dieter.

Cheers!

Last edited by teagueAMX; 01-24-2011 at 07:27 PM.