View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 08:55 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 X5 35i Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by ard View Post
Got it, worried.

There is no way to know what is causing the CEL (check engine light).

All the BMW SOS system will know is "cel", not which of the hurdreds of codes (and hundreds of issues) it might be.

Let us know what the dealer says...in particular YOU WANT THE ACTUAL CODE.

I wouldn't be happy, for sure...but I wouldnt be worried.

A
I have a 2011 x35i and started having the same problem as the OP (I think) around 4000 miles. I am now around 8 or 9000 and the problem has not gone away. I have brought it to the dealership twice, and both times they found "Fault 3227 for DMTL Line Disconnection" (copied that from service dep't paperwork). They claim after further investigation that each time, the fault was incorrect, meaning all related lines/grounds etc checked out fine, and that this appears to be a possible false positive.

The CEL has come on around 5 times in the last 2 months, seems to stay on for a few days at a time (unless the dealership clears the fault), and goes back off for a few days or couple weeks. The latest I heard is that PUMA told the techs they have made this complaint a top priority and would get back to the techs ASAP with a fix. However, it's been a couple months and no one has called, and the CEL periodically comes on as it's been doing.

As it stands, I am hoping to hear something soon. If I check with my own OBD-II while the CEL is on, it shows up as code P2400, and this is the only info I could find out about it:

"Evaporative Emission System Leak Detection Pump Control Circuit/Open"
(from http://gearheadwiki.com/wiki/OBD-II_code_P2400)

Appreciate any useful advice offered!