View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 06:10 PM
Lifetime Bimmer Fan

Mein Auto: 2012 535 xi GT
I have had my 35d for about 34 days now. My X5 went into the shop today. My repair history:

First visit: Bad Instrument Cluster, repaired a flaw in leather door, lubricated rear passenger door (would not close on first try), and finally left me with a free door ding on the driver's door.

Second visit: Several warning lights (Parking Brake, ABS, xDRIVE, Chassis Stabilization) - for sure the AWD is not working. Did not hear anything back from dealer today. Is it asking too much for the SA to call the customer at the end of the day to provide some feedback?

If you want a loaner at my dealer you must set up your appt two weeks in advance. Not sure how you do that when your AWD craps out.

With all this, I must say I love my new X5 35d. As an owner of several BMWs now, I expect to make several visits per year (not per month though.) If you are looking for guaranteed reliability and do not have the patience or want to deal with dealer visits, I think BMW is the wrong brand unless you get lucky as some percentage of BMWs do provide trouble free driving. Just a smaller percentage than other brands I guess.