View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 09:40 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
Quote:
Originally Posted by brenner88 View Post
I've just read the latest Consumer Reports review on the 35d. For the 2011 prediction, it rates is as "Much worse than average. Based on the latest survey, we expect reliability of new models will be 68% below average"

I never expect BMW to be the most reliable vehicles out there, but 68% below average? The 3 items ranked at much worse than average are "fuel system, body hardware, audio system." Only time will tell if these predictions are accurate, but has anyone had fuel system issues yet?

What does "68% below average mean"???????? Is average one visit every 5 years and 68% below is 1.68 vists per 5 years??

I think it all depends on how the owner is 'wired' about car issues, and how they manage their dealer and how good the dealer is.... some people are ready to commit suicide if the car has two issues in the first week. Disappointing, yes- but let them fix it and move on.

Having said that, I think BMW has an absolute disaster on their hands with the BS navigation/entertainment system... I expect wholesale changes to that software over time.

A