View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 04:48 AM
UK (ex-Pat)

Mein Auto: 2010 X5 3.0d M pack
I've owned a Range Rover before, and yes there were plenty of issues.
I've had ths X5 2010 for 9 months now, and there are some issues on that too.
But what I guess you want to know is, if I could make the choice all over again would I opt for the Range Rover over the BMW.

The Answer is a clear NO, stay away from the Range Rover.

Sorry to have to say that, as I am a Britt, but that's the truth.

On your replacement, I would think that BMW would be looking to unload a 2011 onto you.
To be honest, I think you are hanging on a prayer to think that they will either give you 100% refund, or a 2012. but you might be lucky.

On your current car being a death trap, if you were to keep driving it until the replacement.
I think you are all over reacting even with a few defective welds in the "B Pillar" it's not made of paper. But getting their written support can't hurt, it will maybe make you feel safer.
With BMW buying the car back, means they know this issue, and are working on a solution, that they want a real living example of as a reference, but the fix most likely would not be a 2012. it's probably something to do with paint curring of weld sealer causing a syndrome known as "b Pillar tick"
we will all be very interested to hear what BMW tell you it is, if they tell that is !!!

2010 X5 30d M Sport pack on 20 inch
In Space Grey, Panoramic roof, auto tailgate,
Privacy Glass, Comfort seats in Black?
Rear view camera