View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 07:26 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 335d, WRX, 325is, Eurovan
Quote:
Originally Posted by johntube View Post
Graham,
Does the system now play loud enough so you could roll down the windows at 80mph and still hear the music? Are the vocals crisper with the tweeters?
It hasn't been windows-down kinda weather around here since I installed the upgrade and the 335d doesn't get to go out in the snow, but I took it out for a ride last night and tried it out with the windows down at highway speeds. And the answer to your question is a qualified "yes"! You'll still be at or close to max. volume, but in most cases it should sound a lot less like a muffled alarm clock radio and more like how a decent car audio system should sound.

The one exception I ran across is some (but not all) very low freq. bass (like deep House tracks) still sounds muddled at anything above about 50% volume. But vocals and upper/mid's are definitely improved, and my guess is the bass and volume constraints are related to your question below. I would have bought an upgraded amp and sub if they were available, but I'm still very happy with the improvements over the base system with just the Stage 1 upgrade at this point.

-Graham

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntube View Post
Halston,
Since the original factory stereo was underpowered, why did the BSW team develop this speaker system without an amp to help with volume? Is BSW working on another system for our E90s that include an amp?
Thanks on the feedback.

2012 328xiT
M-Sport/Manual/iDrive-free