View Single Post
Old 11-13-2003, 06:29 PM
Ultimate Driving Machine

Mein Auto: '13 F10 550i; '13 R1200GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayn
I asked a firend of mine who is a track junkie, here's what he said:
Quote:
I didn't see any lockup on the rear tires early in the incident, so I don't think it was a "money shift".

I would guess the guy got on the brakes to start slowing for an upcoming turn, and also started to turn the wheel. He was braking too hard, and trailing throttle oversteer ensued (tail got light, and stepped out a little bit towards the driver's right since he was starting to turn the car to his left?)

Then it looks like his reflexes weren't fast enough to correct for the tail stepping out, and off he went towards the wall!

I just don't see enough steering input to create a trailing throttle oversteer situation. If you look at the front wheels just prior to hitting the wall, he is countersteering, but it seems to have no effect on the car's direction...leading me to believe that there was a rear lockup or tire failure or something that caused the car to dive directly into the wall like that. I'm going to check with a guy I know that has a viper and see if he knows about this incident. Curiousity has gotten the best of me.