Thread: 525i Head
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 04:42 PM
Banned

Mein Auto: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwjen View Post
Technically, there should be a period after the word clasp. Then, the sentence that you have in parentheses should have the period inside the parentheses. <3 However, you looked darn good attempting to pull that sentence off.
So i needed two periods? ok....you know something? I've actually wanted to confirm that for quite some time now. I use alot of brackets in my posts here and always wondered what the correct form ought to be. Thanks hotlilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwjen View Post
Gosh, it makes me sad that you had a "no start" situation the other day. Last week I gave the 525i the "ugly look", & told it that if it started acting up that I was going to kick it.
I'm going to try that on mine. Have had too many no start situations for comfort.

Jen, you need to change the following to new parts, or at least purchase them and keep them, crankshaft sensor, fuel pump, fuel pump relay, o2 sensor relay, dme relay, camshaft sensor. The fuel filter needs to be kept clean (wash it out once every 12-18 months) and the fuel system needs to be cleaned with diesel (1-2 gallons added to a full tank of regular gasoline, once every 3 months or more frequently than that, do three consecutive treatments the first time you do this on any car). Also, purchase and change out the radiator cap and radiator bleed screw. Keep the old bleed screw in your coin compartment or something, it needs to be nearby in case the one you're using breaks off. Keep a printed copy of the Bentley manual in your trunk at all times, and read it at least twice, highly recommended. Switch to cheap, non-original, sweet smelling, luminescent green or yellow coolant immediately to activate your Mark IV nostrils-and-eyeballs coolant leakage warning. (this can be added to your existing mix without compatability issues.)

[ Switch to cheap, non-original, sweet smelling, luminescent green or yellow coolant immediately to activate your Mark IV nostrils-and-eyeballs coolant leakage warning (this can be added to your existing mix without compatability issues.) Jen this somehow looks better, one full-stop instead of two. Could you verify? As an aside, the above sentence bears repetition ]

We've got an old car and must acknowledge that reality and stay ahead of the curve. There's a whole list of anal and semi-anal maintenance and semi-anal upgrades that I've compiled. Its not for the faint hearted. What you see above covers the emergency essentials. Cheers and thanks for the EL tip.

rgds,
Roberto

Last edited by robertobaggio20; 02-01-2011 at 04:53 PM.