View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 04:13 AM
Ukemi - that's how I roll

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi S4 2010 MT MCS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gleek View Post
I have a new 2011 X6 with the V8 and the new 8 speed transmission. Occasionally, under heavy acceleration, the car feels like it cannot find the next gear (not sure, but probably between 2-3 or 3-4 gear) at aroudn 4k rpm. This is pretty disconcerting as it could cause a problem merging or avoiding traffic and I feel it is a safety issue. The car violently lurches as it feels like it is trying to find the next gear.

I took this to my dealer and they could not find any faults and BMW doesn't feel there is a problem. Have any of you found this problem?

Thanks!
This was the exact same problem that the 2007+ X3 AT suffered. It has never been fixed, and BMW still continues to "sweep" it under the carpet. Go look at the thousands of posts on the X3 page. I finally got a TA and swapped for an MT.

They denied it as well and used every excuse in the book to rebuke it.

I was almost killed entering a roundabout when it hesitated with a very large Landscaping wood chipper truck heading my way.

It also is more prevalent during cold starts or weather. If this is a new BMW start documenting this right away and bring it in immediately for service. This way if it reoccurs for than 4 times you can lemon law it and get a TA.

Good Luck. I hope I am wrong.
2005 GC
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1997 Twin Turbo RX-7
1984 GTI Wolfsburg Edition Neuspeed and more

Last edited by Evlengr; 02-02-2011 at 04:14 AM.