View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 11:48 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 X5 35D
Question IPhone 4 with Defender case in Spec Dock

I finally got an Iphone 4 and I am looking for a clean solution for charging and playing songs: I am pretty much settled on getting the Spec Dock BMWE60V2AV kit, which will allow charging of the phone and ‘dumb’ playing of the songs through the aux function.

I already sent a bunch of technical and installation questions to the manufacturer and I will wait for their reply before I ask here... but there is one question I am not sure they will be able to answer:

My Iphone4 is in an Otterbox Defender case, which is too thick for most docking stations. As the Spec Docks use an insert system (the white plastic parts) to support all apple products, is it possible I could dock my phone with the case on if I do not use an insert at all? If anyone with both a Spec Dock and a Defender case could confirm it works or try it for me, Id be ecstatic...