Thread: X6 vs 5GT
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 08:25 PM

Mein Auto: 2001 530
I drove both about a week ago. I'm planning to replace my 2001 530 (e39 sport/premium). My current 530 is very quiet. It's the perfect balance between sport and luxury. I wan't something as good or better.

If I just get a new 5 series (F10) sedan it'll seem like I'm getting the same style car I had for 11 years. It was a great car and I can't imagine not getting another BMW but I think I want something a little different.

I like the look of the X6 but it drove too much like an SUV (yes a BMW SUV but still). It rocked back and forth over bumps and driveways. It handles nice but the road and wind noise are more pronounced on the X6.

I also like the look of the 5 GT but not as much as the X6. The GT handles much better in my opinion. The road noise is reduced but I noticed some wind noise (maybe from the very large sun/moon roof (and it was closed). The GT is also about $6k more than a comparable F10 sedan but I've read that it's on a bigger platform so that and maybe the mechanics of the hatch add cost.

I still haven't driven the new 535 non GT. I'll report back soon.

Last edited by geobrick; 02-07-2011 at 11:05 PM.