View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 02:55 PM

Mein Auto: '12 X5 SAV
Yea, I've had similar experience back in August. TPMS alerts me to low pressure in one of the tires which turns out to be a nail. I have the wheel/tire insurance so I'm feeling good about the prospect of utilizing this plan. When I get to the dealer they inform me that they don't have any tires in-stock, nor are there any within the region. They pressurize the tire to spec, order a new tire and send me on my way. Several days later the new tire arrives at the dealership. While replacing the tire the service tech discovers a bent wheel. Another part not in-stock so I need to make another round trip to the dealer after waiting several days for the ordered wheel to arrive. Mind you, these are standard wheels/tires for the 535i Sport F10. While on one hand the warranty is honored and 'saves' me on the replacement cost. On the other hand the process has a major flaw when the simple task of replacing a flat tire becomes much more of a hassle than it has to be. Fortunately, I had no imminent travel plans and the flat wasn't catastrophic preventing me from driving more than 100 miles. To see that this supply issue is widespread and remains an issue is unacceptable, in my opinion. For me, I'd prefer having the option of traditional tires with a spare in the trunk. Something about relying on others to solve my problems leaves me feeling uncomfortable.