View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 03:38 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 White X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfbz View Post
If it wasn't obvious, I was being flippant with my comment "PS: Running boards suck...".

Plenty of people here think X5 running boards work or look great, and plenty (including me) think they look terrible on the X5 and are functional disasters, and would gladly pay to have them removed if I someow ended up with them.

The point being it's no surprise when one owner thinks the stock/premium/supercustom stereo sucks, and another owner thinks its just fine.

PS: 3rd row seats suck...
While I thought you PS comment was quite funny, which is why I was joking back with the oh you didn't, I must disagree the running boards are a preference the same as the stereo. They are more like perfering white or black. The stereo issue is more of if you can hear the difference or not. Everyone has different levels of sensitivity to various audio ranges and not everyone can hear all the ranges. Naturally as we age or exposed to damaging loud noises we lose some of that sensitivity over time, and others are born without it, just like some people have 20/20 and others cannot see an elephant right in front of them. So yes the base system may sound fine to some, but that's literally because they can't hear the difference or just don't care.

Last edited by winterk; 02-12-2011 at 03:46 PM.