View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 08:37 PM

Mein Auto: 2001 X5 4.4i
Unable to install the oil separator back. Please advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerblues View Post
Work around simply get extension rubber hoses to re route the entire oil separator to another easy location to rest in maybe near air filter ? believe me the job is that hard ! just re route the entire dam thing! Evil BMW engineering
did this purposely to make you bleed! Donít take my word for it ,

I am also yet another victim of this major design flaw of the X5. 2001 X5 E53 4.4i (M62 engine).

I managed to remove the oil separator with a lot of difficulty. The clamp #10 in attachment was the most difficult to remove since its not a regular screw on clamp. Now I am faced with the dilemma of installing the new part. The vent hoses #4 and #5 are easy - the issue is that the #9 hose barely sticks out of the block so very difficult to attach and clamp it to the oil separator.
(i got this image from RealOEM http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...17&hg=11&fg=15)

summerblues, or anyone else: Any advise on how I can get #10 clamp onto #9 hose? I read the part about extending the rubber hose - are you referring to the #9 hose?

Thanks a lot in advance - really need to get this fixed been without my X for 3 weeks now
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Oil Seperator E53.png
Views:	2340
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	266996