Thread: 525i Head
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 11:01 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 525i, Corvette, 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR_LVR View Post
Yep, certainly sounds like he knows his stuff. I would trust what he says.

Steve
Well, like any posts on this forum or any others, never fully trust what is written and always ask additional questions from other sources. I do and I trust everyone who reads mine do the same. The intentions are good, especially everyone here, but always verify.

What is the phrase used by carpenters, "Measure twice, cut once"?
Roberto made a good point in that he views this forum as a think tank. From what I've learned, there are many times a procedure could be done a different way despite what some claim and I simply post some of the things I have tried and worked or didn't. I put it out they to help others and if it causes someone to ponder as you did , well, that's a good thing.

On a personal note, may moons ago as a chauffeur I used to drive high profile individuals and once had the opportunity to drive a former Apollo astronaut to a photo shoot. In conversation, I asked him about some of the procedures before a space flight and he told me he couldn't count the number of hours everyone at the space center including highly educated engineers, would spend re-checking a theory or procedure despite how well it worked out in theory or by calculation.

So from carpenters to astronauts, verifying is key to a successful project.

Well, I'm off to the garage to complete the rest of those lifters.

1:00p: All of the lifters are completed. Time to take a break from all of this and head down to Huntington Beach, rain or shine!

Last edited by ricks5series; 02-19-2011 at 01:55 PM.