Thread: Trunk Money
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 07:02 PM
Eye of the Wolf

Mein Auto: M3 ZCP, X3 35i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumforc View Post
Lots of odd optioned 535iGT's here in California. A few without navigation, yet with added rear seat entertainment packages, some with strange combinations of packages that exclude niceties like rearview camera yet have rear seat climate controls and window shades.

We have two, a 2010 Alpine White and a 2011 Black Sapphire, both with Black interior. The 2011 has X drive and the Sports Package which came with all weather tires, making it the ideal vehicle for occasional trips to the mountains when there is inclement weather and light snowfall. When chains are required, I suppose cord or cable chains could be used since there is significant clearance in the wheel wells, although I would rather not. Incidentally, the Xdrive sports package gives you the luxury of the same size tire and wheel all around, rather than the staggered or offset sports configuration of the straight two wheel drive. Thus you can "rotate" the tires, something I could not do on my 328i with the Sport Package. Tires are 19" and the vehicle handles superbly. Why two of the same car you ask? Why not? We turned in two 328's and really liked the versatility of the GT. Not really a wagon, nor a sedan, nor a SUV or a crossover. It's...well...a..giant BMW]
Aesthetically and dynamically - quintessentially BMW - which is a good thing

Last edited by Capobranco; 02-25-2011 at 05:22 AM.