View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 08:44 PM
catso

Mein Auto: 2000 323i, 1988 528e
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakabimmer View Post
Thanks guys for the help. I have a friend that will sell me his older macbook for 50$ so I think I might buy that and trade it to him. I will keep you all posted might happen this weekend (hopefully ). My dad (he is a old German car guy) looked at this same car a month ago and said the alt belt was really lose he was surprised it stayed on for the test drive.

He is thinking if we tighten it up might fix the problem that or a new battery. I guess the guy that is selling it is just wanting to wash his hands of it. What should I look for when I go look at it?
That's the cost of a tank of gas. You can't go wrong on this deal. I once bought a car with an engine knock. It turned out to be only a bad plug wire. Lots of problems that are insurmountable for one guy are an easy fix for someone else. Drive it around, assess the condition of the various systems; brakes, suspension, tires, cooling system, battery and electrical system, door locks, electric windows and switches, exhaust system, body integrity and rust, transmission operation, etc. then prioritize what you want to fix. If nothing else, you can always sell it for parts.