View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 12:26 PM

Mein Auto: 530i
Bluebee,
You asked me to post pics of my set up for back probing the pressure sensor, unfortunately I opted for a very crude method of piercing the insulation on the 2 lives and checked the voltage that way.

I completely agree with you regarding mechanics (technicians) hooking up diagnostic machines, pulling codes and diagnosing the problems that way. The guy I use is a BMW technician with his own BMW dignostic equipment.
Im not a mechanic or tech, I opt for problem solving using research and a common sense approach which in my case told me it wasnt the pressure sensor due to fact I had various different symptoms at different times, I guessed if it was sensor then it would be same symptoms all the time.
I put this theory to my mechanic who replied saying" sometimes you have to trust the machine" Easy when its not his cash I guess!

Anyway I stuck with my theory and got my hands on a second hand module, fitted it and problem instantly sorted.
I took the old module apart for a look. I dont know how you would ever repair those tiny hair like wires, I touched them and they all fell off, I think you would have to be a micro surgeon to resolder them.

Ive read a few folk going on about getting second hand modules coded. My car works perfectly with this new module with all functions restored. Is there any reason why I should have the module coded?
I was going to ask my tech!!

Cheers