View Single Post
  #26  
Old 02-25-2011, 04:27 PM
pfbz pfbz is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: CO
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 144
Mein Auto: Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMC55 View Post
Now I'm debating waiting for a 2012. I put a deposit down to order a 2011 this past weekend. I got some emails from other dealerships offering me a better price. Now I'm thinking of going to that otherdealership that is offering me a better deal than the one I got. How do I know for sure if the $1000 is fully refundable? Also, I did a trade in at the dealership that I put the $1000 deposit down. If I cancel my order, is the trade in deal a done deal, or can they stick the car back on me?
Of course it depends on your state law, but deposits are actually pretty darn hard for a dealership to keep if you cancel an order, even up to the day you go in to pick up your car. As for the trade-in, it is not uncommon at all for them to give you an artificially high price on the trade and a lousy deal on the new car (like, for example, full list price -$500 that they offered you!) so I'm guessing they will have little interest in your car without a new car purchase. Did you already turn it in to them?

Might be a moot point, though. The dealer would need to have an unsold build slot in the next five weeks to even get a spec-built 2011 35d. With five weeks of production left, and the next two or three weeks builds probably too far along to change to your specs, that's a mighty small window for them to have an available build. Did they give you a production week and number?

Last edited by pfbz; 02-25-2011 at 04:32 PM.
Reply With Quote