View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 04:41 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 BMW x3
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjq77 View Post
Hi everyone,
Just like the person in 2009 posted, I was driving my X3 with the seat warmer on and noticed a sharp hottness on my left cheek. I thought how warm the seat warmer was getting for some reason. I looked down and there was smoke with a mini flame underneath the now hole in my leather seat. I pulled over turned the heater off and blew on the hole. It burned a hole in my workout pants too. I am about to take this to the dealership, but was hoping someone could tell me if this has happened to anyone else since the 2009 posting by one individual. I am so mad and the dealership said the extended warranty will not cover it (which I do not have anyways) since it is interior!

Thanks for the help

Well my x3 was well outta warranty when it happened, i didnt go to the dealership though, i went higher up.. what i did, i called BMW USA and spoke with someone about it, they called my local dealership and then they called me back and said: "go ahead and set an appointment with your dealership" and they took care of it, they replaced the heat element and the seat and didnt cost me a dime! i believe it was actually a recall.

Anyway go to the BMW website and get the Bmw of north america number.
Hope i could help some