View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 07:48 AM

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfbz View Post
Of course it depends on your state law, but deposits are actually pretty darn hard for a dealership to keep if you cancel an order, even up to the day you go in to pick up your car. As for the trade-in, it is not uncommon at all for them to give you an artificially high price on the trade and a lousy deal on the new car (like, for example, full list price -$500 that they offered you!) so I'm guessing they will have little interest in your car without a new car purchase. Did you already turn it in to them?

Might be a moot point, though. The dealer would need to have an unsold build slot in the next five weeks to even get a spec-built 2011 35d. With five weeks of production left, and the next two or three weeks builds probably too far along to change to your specs, that's a mighty small window for them to have an available build. Did they give you a production week and number?
I'm going to call the dealer when they open today. I turned over keys to them on Sunday and they were supposed to send me a check for the equity in the car. I shouldve made them give it to me on the spot. Anyway regarding the other dealer. I ordered last night and got a production number. I did not get a production week. I also have to get my deposit back too. Hopefully they won't make a big stink about all of this.