Views:	623
Size:	156.4 KB
ID:	268013

Click image for larger version

Name:	E30 wheels 012.JPG
Views:	506
Size:	152.6 KB
ID:	268014

Bluebee ive attached a couple of pics from my old module and as you can see i made an attempt at fixing it by trying to resolder the fine wires back on, without success as you can see.

Well I got my new module coded to the car today. Its all very vague and confusing, I was quizzing my tech today as to the consequences of not coding the new one to the car. He says that the numerous computers in the car talk to each other and the car would work out that the module was not the right one for the car as these modules store a lot of info for example when he plugged my car in today with the new module already fitted the info he was reading was that of the donor car, he could tell me the vin and millage from the donor car as this was the info displayed therefore he had to code it so as not to confuse cars computers as some would register my cars millage and the ABS module was still showing donor cars millage, which would confuse car causing problems.

OR SO HE SAID!! I still have my doubts as he said the VIN number cant be changed, once a VIN is registered in the memory this can never be changed or removed and he couldnt get the millage exactly to match my car so therefore in my humble opinion the whole operation was pointless but according to him it had to be done.

Ive probably given you more questions than asnwers but thats what Ive been told so im passing it on.

Cheers