View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 04:04 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 650cic/ 2012 M3 ZCP
Quote:
Originally Posted by CABimmerNation View Post
To install the software, the dealership gets the car hooked up online with Dinan and Dinan does the install. So they are both guilty. There is no way in the world that Dinan doesn't know if their software is installed correctly. But BMW could always unhook the car after numerous attempts and tell Dinan forget it then still charge you. You should contact Dinan before contacting the dealer, give them your vin and see if you are registered. That would be your smoking gun on the dealer.

Every time I get my car back from the dealer I'm gonna run 0-60. When they update any software on the car the Dinan software gets wiped out and they need to reinstall it.

I bet they are a bunch of peeps running around thinking they have the software and don't.
Personally, even without a dyno you should be able to tell. At least with my car - albeit my car is not a 7 and I have a different transmission - the car has a much deeper sound to it especially in the mid-range even in normal drive - put it in sport and the front end lifts up like a speed boat while your catipulted off into the horizon. I make it a point to reiterate to my SA that I do not want any unecessary programming on my car. To wit - unless absolutely mandatory - dont touch the ECU!
2012 X3 35i Titanium Silver/Black ZAP/ZPP/TECH/APPS/Breyton GTS/Continental Extreme DW (20's)