View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 01:47 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 550i (F10)
Hi Alan,
I was considering the part with the 6 metal clips as the inner part and the outer part has the 4 plastic clips. I started by putting a plastic spatula just under the rear portion of the outer piece and pulled down enough to pull down more with my fingers. I then worked my fingers around this outer piece to the sides were I could then see the metal clips on the side of the inner piece. I was able to work my fingers in to where I was now pulling down on the beefy inner piece and finally apply enough downward force on the inner piece to pull it down, releasing the two metal clips. I then did the same on the other sides until the entire unit came out. I wish I could explain this better but essentially, the outer piece is too flimsy to pull down on enough to cause the metal clips on the inner piece to release. The goal should be to open up the outer piece enough so that you can work your fingers or tool on to the stronger inner piece and pull down on that to release the metal clips. I feel that if you apply all your downward force to the outer piece, it will break before the inner's metal clips release... I hope this helps!

Thanks,
Scott