View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 09:42 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 325i, M54
Quote:
Originally Posted by adsathe View Post
unable to jump start... The battery seems fine, because the lights come on when I turn the key, but all I hear is a click, which is followed by a humming sound for 20 sec and then it stops.

This is exactly what happens with my mine (2003 325i, manual). Sometimes it works to jumpstart it, but sometimes it still clicks while trying to jump it. So what has worked, so far, is to put the car in 2nd and rock it forward a little bit, or just turn the key multiple times until it turns over. Usually just clicks for about 5 or 6 tries and then just suddenly turns over with full juice.

So, adsathe, what ended up working for you? After reading all these threads, I'm fairly convinced that my solenoid contacts need to be replaced. But I just need as many second opinions as possible before I get in there. It seems like it's hard to access. Has anybody found an easier way than this? : http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=499230

That looks like a crappy process. There's got to be a more simple way to access it, otherwise, I might just pay to have it done.

Last edited by tice03; 03-17-2011 at 09:43 PM. Reason: spelling