View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 05:09 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2000 528iAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngproexec View Post
Honestly, your just taking advantage of lower pricing on an expensive product. Personally that's not my style so I wouldn't buy it, but other than that it seems to be alright. Check if the seller offers some type of warranty just in case. Ebay isn't all THAT bad. Last year about this time, I was contemplating the same thing as you. I wanted to upgrade my headlights, si I went to check on ebay. I don't like the look of clear corners so I crossed your pic off my list. I bought some ccfl angel eyes and have been using them every time I drive, and they've been perfect in every way. If you don't mind me asking, why do you want new lenses?
Ha, ask away

Aside from condensation following wet weather (fortunately not a big problem here in SoCal), the existing lenses are getting cloudy, and to keep them looking acceptable, I hit them with a buffing wheel and some Rain-X headlight restorer every couple of months. I've got to replace the self leveling actuators, so I was thinking about replacing the lenses at the same time. I kind of like the clear corners, and was going to get clear sides as well. I've grown fond of the look of my existing HID's and really have no desire to go all in on dealing with a full on conversion to the updated angel eyes, so... That's pretty much it... I figured on something like this, like you said, as long as it fits, how "bad" could they be...