View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 11:56 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2000 528iAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey228 View Post
Interested to see how this works out for you. I just 'restored' my oem covers (sanding / buffing) and although they turned out "decent", I'd prefer "perfect."

Anyone sell glass covers?? Seen them for my E36.

Cheers... Glenn
Haven't seen any glass for e39's, only plastic for $200+, which is why $60 for the pair looks so interesting. I e-mailed another Ebay-er who bought them to see if I could get some additional info. More to come...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngproexec View Post
I must say , to NEVER EVER EVEN THINK ABOUT CLEANING THE INSIDE AT ALL. !! All you will do is scratch the hell out of it, because it has no coating of protection, of any kind. I learned the hard way
Nice, thanks for the info! Especially about the inside surface... It's nice to not have to learn stuff the hard way ALL the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebee View Post
The pictures of the results from these threads make the headlights look brand new!
- Headlight plastic polishing & refinishing DIY (1) (2) (3)
Lol, D'OH!!! I actually got on the light thing as one of the first orders of business when I got the car and still didn't know anything... I think I just got into the habit of "winigin' it" with a Rain-X kit and never even thought to look up a more complete process. Then again, if I can pick up a good looking set of clears of decent quality and indistinguishable from OEM for $60, I'm tempted to go for it. I e-mailed another Ebay user who bought them to see what they have to say, so it should be interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatWiz View Post
I didn't click on your link, and you didn't say what you are buying, so I say go for it.

mw

Lol, the most cogent response yet

Last edited by WagonTheDog; 03-19-2011 at 12:03 AM.