View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 04:06 PM

Mein Auto: SDrive23i Z4
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcheong View Post

BTW, I usually keep my deflector on all the time, even with the top up. Visibility is not great, but it's fine. However, if I know that I'm going on a longer trip and there is no chance I will be taking the top down anytime soon, then I would take it off and store it in the shelf. But I've only done that twice so far. I doubt I'll do that at all once the blasted rain stops.

/LesC
Apart from the odd day, it's been round about freezing here since last November with a lot of snow as well. Having a wind deflector makes a big difference to open top motoring (not as young as I used to be, must be getting soft). I've only had the Z4 for a few weeks but I've had several sports cars since the early '60s so I'm well used to braving the elements. I've owned an MGF for the last 10 years or so and had lots of fun travelling all over the UK and Europe as well as taking it "on track" including the famous (or infamous - it's not called The Green Hell for nothing) Nürburgring. If I get as much fun out of this BMW I won't be complaining. It just occurred to me that you never got the later MGs in the States so if you don't know what it looks like here's a picture.