View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 07:53 AM

Mein Auto: Dodge Neon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlengr View Post
IMO get rid of it asap. Once you go down this road with BMW they will keep delaying and putting you off until you get tired and go away.

The next thing that will happen is "Its your driving".

They did this with the HPFP and they did it with the GM6 AT. Seems they screw up 1 in 10 cars and when you get that one you are in trouble.

Start documenting now and let them know that you will pursue a lemon law replacement after 4 attempts (or whatever is applicable in your state). They will never fix it if you don't.
I've called every time to document it, the problem is they won't take the vehicle in. For the lemon law the car has to be serviced 3 times without getting fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavewuver View Post
Just sharing my experience with my new 2.8 X3. Have about 1300 miles so far and about a week ago I saw the oil sensor malfunction error code pop up. I was still able to check the oil level, which sometimes take a minute or so. The problem has gone away completely and I haven't driven the car hard like some have suggested in this thread. Going to have BMW check it over in a few days.

Otherwise, the X3 is flawless. Love the tranny.....it shifts very smooth. I especially love the heated steering wheel.....of all things.

One thing that is a little overwhelming is the level of electronics. I have the navigation system and it's taken me a while to get used to all of the technology. I still learn things everyday. Of course my previous ride was a 1999 M3 and it's technology was very limited. But, it had a dipstick which I loved.
I agree, my wife loves everything about the car. The oil level sensor is working, it just doesn't react as fast as the computer thinks it should. That's my understanding of the error.