Thread: DISA 0 Ring
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 08:39 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 530i 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by doru View Post
Thank you Sir. I have a few more Km than you do - I'm at 141,000
I have that red O-ring seal, but not sure if I have to go and take it out. My hands are itchy though, and prolly the ICV needs a cleaning. Not sure about the throttle valve.
Also, maybe the distribution piece needs a change - Jason5driver said when he removed it, it was considerably heavier than the new one. Filled with old oil. That distribution piece came off when he did the CCV work.
Not sure if one can clean out that stuff from the inside? It's either a new one (with the new O-rings) or new O-rings and clean the old unit (like a 5% chance...)
I see no reason to change the DISA seal unless it's leaking. It's easy enought to check. The DISA can be removed on its own. No other disassy is needed, at least on my '03 530.

Poolman has an elegant check for the distribution piece O-rings: use a straw or eye-dropper to put a little water in the well at each of the ports into the manifold. If the water disappears, you have a leak.

If you decide to do the distribution piece &/or the O-rings, plan on a CCV too unless you've done it recently. I found all the tubes extremely brittle and crumbly. There is no way that I could have removed the distribution piece without breaking the CCV tubes.

Regards
RDL