View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 07:24 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: '13 F10 535i (loaner)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic_Kat View Post
Over the past few days I think I've read every post available on the 'fest, on M3 Post and E90 Post regarding replacing the stock halogen angel eye bulbs. Now that I've done my research I have some questions:

1) It looks like there are two major ways to go - either replacing the halogen bulbs with bulbs that are blue coated to shed the "white" light. ie - GP Thunders and competitors

and

2) Replacing the halogen bulbs with an LED bulb ie Angel iBright - Lux H8 - Weisslicht.

I know that the LED replacements are a lot more expensive.

The M3 guys all seem to love the Angel iBright setup ($300), and from what I've seen in photographs, this appears to be a pretty close approximation of what I remember seeing last summer when they had an LCI E93 on display at the Welt.

Yet, when I read the fine print of the sigs around here, it seems like most of the E9X that have made this modification have done so with the GP Thunders. ($20)

1) Is cost the only reason people aren't doing the Angel iBrights?

2) Are the GP Thunders really that good?

ps: E92LIghting, JLeviSW and EAS - I know you all are going to show up here and try to sell me. I've already studied your websites and your products. What I am looking for here is real time - real data from the day to day users.

TIA
I think there's another question, Kat. Since your light reflector(s) are now perfectly matched to your OE bulb for an ideal beam pattern, will any replacement bulb be of the same size/dimensions, and not adversely affect your beam pattern.