View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 04:08 PM

Mein Auto: '01 K1200RS
You have to know yourself. Everyone told me not to get a big bike for my first bike, start with something small. Well, long story short, I found a great deal on a BMW K1200RS. This bike is big and very powerful. I'm 5'10 and 160lbs. I'm not that strong. This bike is heavy but handles well. My advice get some training, (MSF course) and shop and get what you want and buy used. You will likely drop your first bike reguardless of size. Don't buy new to begin. I'm VERY pleased. I've ridden many others since my purchased and not like anything nearly as much. It is the perfect bike for me and my needs. Start there. What do you need? What do you want? What kind of riding do you intend to do? If you keep your head about you you'll be ok. Its the other people on the road that you need to be aware. Awareness it the key. Two years and 30k miles later I feel just as excited about my purchase as the day I made it. Take your time and research. I highly recomend BMWs. On a side note, I took a ride on a 2011 BMW F800ST and would not trade them even for my 01 K bike with over 51k miles. Some people will like the bigger bikes and others the small. Its not a question of experience just preference. I've known some to buy a "beginner" and be ready for something bigger in a matter of weeks.

Last edited by Bucks_K12RS; 04-04-2011 at 04:12 PM.