View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 01:38 PM
Automotive Monomaniac

Mein Auto: Schnelle Autos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcube View Post
Mike,

Thanks for the read.

I agree on the Recaros - they felt better to me (initially, anyway) than the sport seats in my E93. And an option on the 3.6DI.

Wife was concerned about complementary service - Cadillac now has it, and the dealership service dept. was open on Saturday which is a go/no go for me. The dealer is a multi-GM store, but they pointed out that the Caddys had their own service lanes and the techs were Caddy specific, supposedly no Buick/GMC/Chevy techs would be working on your car.

And the salesperson took great pains to explain that - at least, presently - Cadillac would not void warranties if the car was track bound. Of course, abuse - such as crash shifting a gear box - would not be covered, but otherwise Caddy was "encouraging" track days.
Again, I've got nothing bad to say about the CTS-V... if a Caddy is your "thing." They are really trying hard (and doing a great job at it), but I still don't think they are busting into BMW's segment. I mean, does a guy who has his heart set on an M3 really jump ship for a CTS-V?

- Mike

'13 Audi Q5 2.0T Quattro 8AT
'15 Volkswagen Golf TDI 6MT
'86 Porsche 911 Turbo 4MT

Gone, but never forgotten... my E70 X5 35d, E90 335i, E46 330i, E36 328i, E70 X5 3.0si, E53 X5 3.0i.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read my work as Editor-in-Chief for Autoweb!