View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 11:16 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2000 528iAT
Finally installed

First, the good...

On the car, they look like a million bucks:

OFF the car, they look like the $60 and shipping I paid for them... The injection molds used to make the housing left a tremendous amount of plastic flash behind, which took a lot of trimming with a razor knife to make fit. The pictures attached are the OEM lights used for example purposes. The red arrows indicate areas which took a lot of work.

ALSO - These covers came with a low-beam lens not designed for the HID projector. What I ended up doing was removing the HID lens from the OEM set, and switched it out. Pictured is the NEW, low-beam lens installed into the old, OEM amber light set.

I would NOT use these covers AT ALL in areas prone to bad climate. The fitment is not very precise, and the only reason I'm leaving them on for now is because they do LOOK awesome, and my car is garaged here in SoCal, so moisture isn't much of an issue.

These are just what you'd expect for $60 and shipping, and make an excellent TEMPORARY fix for cloudy lenses if you can't afford to go all-in on something high quality.

Which is what I will be doing in the near future...