04-11-2011, 08:45 PM
Location: Not In Kansas Any More
Join Date: Dec 2005
Mein Auto: 535i; 428 GC; Twin X1's
- Avoid the F10's silly electric steering like the plague.
- Make non-RFT's an option.
- Don't think for a second about discontinuing the optional spare tire.
- Equip the car with a scissors jack that actually works (ours is crap - made of linguine).
- Change NAV suppliers. The new routing algorythms and POI's flat out suck.
- Allow NAV updates to be downloaded from the web.
- Upgradable phone and entertainment apps. Tech changes, and early adapters shouldn't be penalized.
- Perforated leather should be available, regardless of whether or not active ventilation is ordered.
- Remote start.
- Torque vectoring. It's ludicrous that entry level Fords offer it, but you can't get it on a $70,000 X5.
- Self levelling suspension.
- Factory trailer hitch for under $500 installed, that looks designed-in, not added-on.
- Aero tweaks to keep the running boards clean, so your pant leg isn't permanently soiled.
- Honest to goodness locking diffs. Okay if they're an option.
- Real dipsticks.
- Better quality / higher resolution display. My phone shouldn't have a prettier display than my car!
- Comfort access should be standard. As should a flashlight and a real tool kit.
- Dustless (or "dust less") brake pads
2016 428 GC MSport
2014 535i MSport
2015 X1 28i xDrive
2015 X1 35i xDrive
2014 328i SportWagon
2011 535ix MSport
2011 X5 35D
2008 ///M3 Vert
2008 X5 3.0
2007 X5 3.0
2006 X5 3.0
2006 550iA SP
2003 540iA M-Technic