04-11-2011, 09:45 PM
Location: Not In Kansas Any More
Join Date: Dec 2005
Mein Auto: 535iX M Sport; 328i Wagon
- Avoid the F10's silly electric steering like the plague.
- Make non-RFT's an option.
- Don't think for a second about discontinuing the optional spare tire.
- Equip the car with a scissors jack that actually works (ours is crap - made of linguine).
- Change NAV suppliers. The new routing algorythms and POI's flat out suck.
- Allow NAV updates to be downloaded from the web.
- Upgradable phone and entertainment apps. Tech changes, and early adapters shouldn't be penalized.
- Perforated leather should be available, regardless of whether or not active ventilation is ordered.
- Remote start.
- Torque vectoring. It's ludicrous that entry level Fords offer it, but you can't get it on a $70,000 X5.
- Self levelling suspension.
- Factory trailer hitch for under $500 installed, that looks designed-in, not added-on.
- Aero tweaks to keep the running boards clean, so your pant leg isn't permanently soiled.
- Honest to goodness locking diffs. Okay if they're an option.
- Real dipsticks.
- Better quality / higher resolution display. My phone shouldn't have a prettier display than my car!
- Comfort access should be standard. As should a flashlight and a real tool kit.
- Dustless (or "dust less") brake pads
2014 328i Sport Wagon
, Glacier / Black, ZSL, ZD2, ZD3, ZDH, ZLP, ZPP, ZTP, and H-K
2011 535xi M Sport
TiAg / Black, ZPP, ZP2, ZCV, ZCW, ZDA, 2TB, 6NR, 465, 5DL, and a Partridge in a Pear Tree
2011 X5 35D
2008 ///M3 Vert
2008 X5 3.0
2007 X5 3.0
2006 X5 3.0
2006 550iA SP
2003 540iA M-Sport