View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 03:30 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 650 convertible!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Pedals_6Speeds View Post
As mentioned, it's your car, do what you want. i wouldn't, for all the reasons stated.

One consideration may be the resale. Given the overwhelming majority would not do this to their car, your future buyer pool may shrink enormously as they won't know exactly how you used the hitch (really heavy stuff that's bad for the car, or lots of salt water dips without rinsing. You might bec losing hundreds of dollars for every use, in which case, go rent a pickup for the day.
I feel like a myth-buster in this thread! Bottom line is a hitch can be removed by simply taking the bolts out and dropping it. Very simple process. So no one would ever know he even had a hitch. Perhaps there are some folks who have cars now on this board that someone at one time had a hitch. You will never know.

Having put a hitch on to every company car that I have had over 14 years I have become a real pro at installing hitches. Installing and removing 12 hitches to a variety of cars in 14 years will do that. These hitches are straight bolt on items, even novice wrenchers can put one on. I can install and remove a hitch in 15 minutes typically. Someone doing for the first time would take maybe an hour. Or more if they struggle.

Install instructions:
http://sitepro12.sitepro.com/masterl..._11513_INS.pdf

Last edited by tampamark; 04-16-2011 at 03:32 PM.