Thread: Ctek 7002????
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 02:04 AM

Mein Auto: E46 M3 E90 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorgi View Post
I also have a CTEK 7002. I figure if you can jump start the car from the terminals under the hood they must be direct to the battery. The battery recondition mode works like a charm - it revived an old dead battery on my E30 convertible before I sold it.

I have had a battery explode while charging my M3 and it was not pretty. The battery cover was blown to shreds and the battery compartment was full of acid. I spent 3 hours in the middle of the night cleaning and re-cleaning the battery compartment and trunk in an attempt to prevent acid damage. I went though pounds of baking soda, thank god for 24-hour grocery stores. When battery acid and baking soda meet it's quite a show BTW.

It was an OEM battery with the vent hooked up and the charger was in the trunk, which was open thankfully. Charger was not a CTEK. Needless to say I charge from under the hood now.
Hi Yorgi,

My battery also exploded in my M3 while connected to a CTEK charger ... I'd really appreciate it if you could please teach me how to clean up this mess as I don't know what I should do right now. I've removed the battery and there's acid in the battery well and all over the concrete floor of the garage. Hope to hear from you soon. Thank you very much.