Wow, that does suck. Mine did not blow up while connected to the CTECK, it was a larger charger that I had built myself when I was a kid.
Put on some heavy duty rubber gloves, some old clothes and eye protection. Battery acid will burn your skin badly if you have any direct contact.
I got a large 5 gallon plastic bucket and used shop rags and then paper towels to absorb as much acid as possible. Throw the rags into the bucket.
Then spread a thick layer of baking soda over the entire area. Then I started using wet rags to clean the area. Then more baking soda and wet rags. Then I started using wet rags soaked in water mixed with baking soda until there was no more acid smell. Final rinse with water only.
Use a brush with water/baking soda solution to clean carpet.
Straight lines are for fast cars...turns are for fast drivers
'04 M3 - track
'06 650i Cab - daily driver
'02 Highlander - kid hauler
'01 330Ci - winter beater