Thread: Ctek 7002????
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 12:58 PM

Mein Auto: E46 M3 E90 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorgi View Post
Wow, that does suck. Mine did not blow up while connected to the CTECK, it was a larger charger that I had built myself when I was a kid.

Put on some heavy duty rubber gloves, some old clothes and eye protection. Battery acid will burn your skin badly if you have any direct contact.

I got a large 5 gallon plastic bucket and used shop rags and then paper towels to absorb as much acid as possible. Throw the rags into the bucket.

Then spread a thick layer of baking soda over the entire area. Then I started using wet rags to clean the area. Then more baking soda and wet rags. Then I started using wet rags soaked in water mixed with baking soda until there was no more acid smell. Final rinse with water only.

Use a brush with water/baking soda solution to clean carpet.
Thanks guys for the tips! Do you know if the black bracket under the battery comes off? There's too much debris inside and it's hard to see if it's bolted down. I've just spread the baking soda and starting to clean the area, but I don't know how good of a job I would do cleaning it. Are there people that do this professionally? I'm really scared of the aftermath damage that will occur from this, especially as the acid is going to start eating up and rusting the metal. Is there any way to remedy this?