View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 08:19 PM
Master Tinkerer

Mein Auto: 2007 Alpina B7
The state of the CCVs shouldn't impact secondary air flow, only crankcase pressure, intake pressure, and oil/air separation. The secondary air pump pushes fresh air directly into the exhaust manifold / post-combustion area in the head to continue burn during cold start (to improve emissions, I believe) -- so that system is entirely independent of stuff related to the CCVs (...to help you eliminate items).

You replaced both the hose and check valve and still had the issue? Have you pulled off the connector for that hose at the front of the engine and tested the air pump that way? I think a while back someone ran power straight to the pump to test it (look through some threads about the air pump); I can look up the wiring diagram if you need it. Just because the pump is buzzing doesn't necessarily mean it's actually pumping anything, and maybe the bank 2 side check valve just isn't as stiff or something (i.e. easier to push air through and so is not faulting).

Black 2007 Alpina B7
Tension strut bushings

White 2007 Alpina B7
Supercharger clutch/bearings, replaced exhaust valve/pulled head, sunroof seal, 6000K angel eyes

Black 2002 BMW 745Li (sold)
KW v3's, blue angel eyes, 8000K headlights & HID fogs, rebuilt alternator & mounting bracket gasket, sunroof seal, CCVs, plugs, sway bar bushings, timing & valve cover gaskets, valve stem seals, guibo joint, mechatronic sealing sleeve, trans fluid, sanded headlights...

Last edited by Keif; 04-21-2011 at 08:28 PM.