View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 08:35 PM

Mein Auto: Lincoln Navigator
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappy View Post
zb, a few months ago I got a 650i convertible for my daughter while she is in Afghanistan. In fact, she just got back to the states today, and I'll pick her up in this beauty she hasn't even seen yet ... except in pictures.

It is also an 08, black/black with the dark trim; it is loaded, has everything possible. The leather is yummy. The tires, tho, are not new, but have less mileage than your car, so you're lucky in that respect. When test driving it, there was a problem with the battery, so I made them put in a new one, and got a trickle battery charger for it. It is so high tech, you might want to consider a trickle battery charger for your car, especially if you are in a cold zone.

I must warn you, tho. You get the initial warranty, but not to 100K miles unless you paid for it. Check it out carefully. In addition to the extended warranty (to 100K), there is a tire warranty, and I think another one. We'll go to the dealer when my daughter returns, and they'll go over everything with her.

I LOVE the 650i so much I'm joking about selling my house, buying a 650, and moving into it! The 650 truly is the Ultimate Driving Machine.

Good luck!
Cappy,
That's awesome that you bought the 650i for your daughter. After tending to it for a few months, you sure you'll be able to part with it when the time comes?:-)

Regarding my situation, I pulled the trigger on the 650 this weekend. It's being shipped from Alabama to Houston, so unfortunately I won't get it until late next week. BMW NA had been running a special on the '08 models, so I got the no-cost maintenance plan (2yr/50000miles) at no charge. With that, I'm covered under the maintenance plan through 2014 or 100k miles.

I did add the tire and wheel protection plan. Can't wait to receive my joy ride!!