View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 05:46 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbjones33 View Post
Cappy,
That's awesome that you bought the 650i for your daughter. After tending to it for a few months, you sure you'll be able to part with it when the time comes?:-)

Regarding my situation, I pulled the trigger on the 650 this weekend. It's being shipped from Alabama to Houston, so unfortunately I won't get it until late next week. BMW NA had been running a special on the '08 models, so I got the no-cost maintenance plan (2yr/50000miles) at no charge. With that, I'm covered under the maintenance plan through 2014 or 100k miles.

I did add the tire and wheel protection plan. Can't wait to receive my joy ride!!
YEA!!!!! Congratulations! You are going to love it. I know you are jumping up and down inside your skin with excitement!

First let me clarify: I bought the car for her, using her PoA and funds .. I can write a check from her acct and can legally encumber her. All under her direction, of course. We bought in January; I'm going to take your little bit of info and see what we can do for her. I'll wave the flag, if I have to! lol

Okay, I see. You'll have six years OR 100,000 miles. She'll have to deal with all those plans upon her return. The car has been garaged at a friend's house (I don't have a garage), and check on it periodically. That's the reason for the trickle charger. She also has an 02 X5, which she'll probably drive during the winters up in Rhode Island, leaving the 650 safe. I spent a week up there house hunting for her, and it's been a very long time since I've seen so many damaged cars on the road. I warned her about their craziness.

Again, congrats!