View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 01:03 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 760Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8504HER View Post
Bought a pristine black/black 2003 760 with 20,000 miles on it. I drove it home from Cali to Vegas and after getting on it the check engine light went on saying "service engine soon". I immediately pulled over and checked the car. Discoverd red service items for plugs, cabin air filter and coolant flush. drove it home and it sputtered at times. Took it to my mechanic who tells me the high pressure mechanical fuel pump is bad. After researching this board it appears to be a common problem with this car. I had the smartz to purchase a fidelity warranty. My mechanic wants 5 hours to install the pump AND $3200 FOR THE PUMP! The dealer wants $2800 for the pump. Anyone have this covered by a Fidelity extended warranty plan?

comments please!

Thank you
The car looks good! Welcome to the 760 Club!

I believe the fidelity warranty has a 30 day period where you can't claim anything so read your contract and watch out for it!

If fidelity covers it, get it done at a dealership and not an indy. The reason it's 5 hours is disassembling the whole power rear seats and putting them back in properly TWICE!

Also before you go replacing the fuel pump, try buying some higher octane fuel, like 93-98 octane, and add redline SI-1 fuel cleaner into it. It may solve your problem by cleaning off any gummed up gas/ethanol that may be causing issues inside the lines, injectors and pump and as well help clean off any carbon build up and other junk in the whole fuel system and combustion chambers. It's about 20 dollars and either way it's going to benefit the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8504HER View Post
mechanic just called to inform me of a cracked right front wheel now.

anyone have a source for a factory wheel?

Thanks

Paul
www.wheelsandcaps.com sells "replica" wheels for our cars that are better quality than what BMW puts on their cars! I suggest you look at the Style 128 Wheels from BMW (wheels and caps has those too for the same price as the Style 89 on the car)

One member bent ALL of his factory Style 128 wheels and only bent 1 replica wheel on the same roads!

Last edited by csmeance; 05-04-2011 at 01:08 AM.