Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to jdeday
Mein Auto: 2005 BMW X3 3.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrider View Post
Hello,

Thank you for your reply:
let me add:
- I already have a GPS monochrome Business Edition (with GPS module in the back of the trunk and GPS antenna installed)

- I have as well the CD Charger (no AUX available)
- I found CID module, LCD flip screen and Cables for 600 Euros (900 USD) (3 parts in Ebay - screen 100 euros, then CID about 350.00 and Cables 99 or 129 euros, depends where you buy)

will remain the install

basically, I cannot connect the Garmin BMW GPS (specifically said in the web page , cannot install if you have GPS Nav Business or Professional)

any one did the transformation on a 2005 model?
Do you have a MK IV DVD drive in the rear in the trunk? If so you would need to verify that the cable running from the DVD drive to the radio is the same that is used in a Professional Navigation install. If so I would think the retro fit should be simple. I have a spare Navigation Professional CD Control Unit for sale: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...828&highlight=
2005 X3 3.0, Mystic Blue Metallic, Sand Beige Leather Interior, Birch Grain Light Wood Trim, Steptronic Transmission, Premium Package, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Satellite Radio Prep, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Heated Steering Wheel, Premium Sound, Power Folding Mirrors and NAVIGATION RETROFIT

Last edited by jdeday; 05-04-2011 at 03:38 PM.