View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 01:39 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 4.4 X5 Black
X5 Panoramic Sunroof stuck - problem

Hi all, My X5 has the same issue, rear glass stuck on ONE side. both glass roof sections try to close but the rear glass only moves on one side...result is both glass sections stay open in vent position...lossened rear glass screws and removed glass and tried to close...front glass went thru the motions to close but popped back up to vent position...looking at the cables and wedge shaped ramps at left and right that lift the rear glass...only the left rear wedge moves...the right side wedge does not move...cannot push it forwards or backwards...not sure how hard to push...have read need to push one side at a time 'reward' until both LH and RH are moved back, but I have not tried this yet...I would think the LH side is connected to motor and could not be pushed back manually. Anybody with a diagnosis what part is broken and how easy can be fixed?...pictures and instructions?...I found a work around on the net that disables the rear glass...lot's of folks say it works great...but I am not sure if it will work for MY stuck ONE side problem.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BMWPanoramasunroofclosingandfixing[1].pdf (1.15 MB, 5410 views)