View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 09:31 AM

Mein Auto: everywhere
(for a 2010 X3 with navigation and no-CD changer

I installed the Dice this weekend. It is easy once you read some of the tips here and see some of the youtube videos. Anyway my 2010 X3 did not come with the CD changer in the center console or the back. The console did not have both the 6 and 3pin connectors required to hook up. Thus requiring the hook up to the cable connectors located in the rear of the vehicle. This required the removal of the back seat and side cushion, routing through the rear seat trim and under the carpet to the center console which also needed to be opened up enough to route the wires. Set the dip switches on the Dice device to NAV Radio setting, disconnected the battery, connected the dice unit and reconnected the battery. The Nav system recognized the ipod but no sound. Very frustrating. It appears that since my X3 did not come with the CD changer BMW did not hook up the white CD SARS wire to the back of the radio. Once I took apart the dash and hooked up the wire everything worked. Hope this helps someone else save some time.