View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 09:08 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 650cic/ 2012 M3 ZCP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashrahman View Post
not to start a fight or anything, but IMHO the wagon does look better, especially the rear. To me the rear of the 5 GT seems very masculine --- not horrible, just not my cup of tea. to me the A7 rear looks sexier. BUT all that said, I don't buy a car based solely on what the rear looks like. the 5 GT has too many pros to ignore; a few cons are thus easy to forgive. Sitting inside, front or rear (especially the rear), you feel like you're sitting a 7 series. especially with the rear comfort seats --- can't wait to see what 2+2 seating looks like in real life!! (instead of a rear bench seat). more trunk space than a 5 series, more versatile to fit in those odd sized packages. (I haven't checked, but I bet with the seats down I could fit in my kid's power wheels -- something I've never even tried with the wife's 7.) and better gas mileage (with the 535x) than our old 7 --- makes perfect sense. We're still waiting for our GT -- Euro delivery this July. I love my convertible passionately -- so smooth, so sexy, so sporty. I have a feeling i will also love the GT -- for being so practical and useful and still a sporty BMW!!
I like that the GT has masculine features. Like the GT's "very distant" relative the Phantom it has Real Presence. I wouldn't consider the Phantom a pretty car, but you darn sure will not confuse it with anything else.

Looks aside when you find a more Luxurious, Functional, Performance oriented 5 door sedan (THAT IS NOT A CROSSOVER) let me know. I sat in the back of an Aston Martin Rapide (4 door hatch) and damn near needed the jaws of life to get out With the GT you can have the same room, and 98.9% of the options of the Flagship BMW, with more utility - whats not to like. I really don't see how BMW could have made the GT as sleek as say an Audi A7 without compromising a great deal of the utility ergo passenger room. Remember this fact if nothing else; the only car in BMW's core lineup with more rear legroom is the LWB F02 7 Series. Also consider the fact that option for option your not getting a decontented 7 Series either.

So the naysayers, haters, however you want to categorize them..can scoff all they like. Just rest assured that you and YOUR passengers will be comfortable and relaxed during the ride, as well as when you arrive at your destination.
2012 X3 35i Titanium Silver/Black ZAP/ZPP/TECH/APPS/Breyton GTS/Continental Extreme DW (20's)

Last edited by car-fan; 05-17-2011 at 09:10 AM.