View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 09:40 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 650cic/ 2012 M3 ZCP
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumforc View Post
I have to dmit that at first glance it wasn't the most glamorous vehicle I'd seen. But then again, neither was the Caddy Sport Wagon, or the 2005 GTO or Mustang Mach 1 or any of o host of vehicles I've owned. Beauty is lots more than skin deep and to really love this car, you need to be a driver, not a looker. I know I'll get in trouble for this one, and no, I'm not being sexist, but it's like just looking at a woman and making some idiotic decision on her personality...you really don't know her until you live with her and get used to her every nuance! Otherwise, everything is just superficial.

A trip up the Pacific Coast Highway with on-the-fly selection of chassis and engine settings is so perfect. 20 way seats, combined with the rear seats that have "theatre seating" status make any trip comfortable. Load up the luggage, kids game gear, bring on the bad weather, light snow, whatever and it's simply a brilliant vehicle for all seasons and reasons. One that I don't have to climb into like a Corvette. You simply sit in the GT. That's saying a lot for 6 feet and 200 lbs and a bad back. If nothing else were to be said, I'd love the car for the comfort alone!
Cars like the the Bugatti Veryon or the Nissan GTR arent pretty IMHO either. But their performance can't be denied. Yep! beauty is more than skin deep

There isn't a vehicle in BMW's current line up that I would want to replace my GT with. I am (typical BMW quirks aside) very happy with my selection. However, this isnt to be misconstrued with me not willing to have another BMW "in addition to" the GT. I wouldn't mind a current gen NA V8 M3. Even a CPO E63 M6 in a couple of years wouldn't be bad. I'm not crazy about the interior, but the V10 is true motorsport magic.
2012 X3 35i Titanium Silver/Black ZAP/ZPP/TECH/APPS/Breyton GTS/Continental Extreme DW (20's)

Last edited by car-fan; 05-17-2011 at 09:42 AM.