View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 05:57 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i GT
The GT is my first BMW and I couldnt be happier. My wife and I have had SUV's for the past 10 years. I am 6'6 50 years old and wanted a vehicle that we could carry people as tall as me in, sitting behind me when I drive, have decent trunk space so I could pick up said tall people from airport, get decent gas mileage, defined as 20+ MPG combined. So I looked at a bunch of crossover vehicles - X6, SRX, ZDX, Infinit FX series and the Lexus RX, R-Class. The only car that met all the criteria was the 535 GT. I would have preferred the 550, but it didnt meet the MPG criteria. In addition I got a vehicle that is fun to drive - no it isnt an M sedan but i will put this car up against any other for smoothness, quiet, responsiveness (in sport mode) and appointments. The technology in this car is tremendous - Fortunatly I have an engineering degree so I consider iDrive to be an intellectual challenge I also maybe one of those few who actually like the way the car looks - but I have received nothing but compliments since picking it up last Friday!

Last edited by GTGuy; 05-24-2011 at 06:01 PM.