View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 08:54 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW Z4 35is
Quote:
Originally Posted by the J-Man View Post
I'm considering buying one as well. Any impressions of the car? How's the ride quality? It the exhaust annoyingly loud when just driving casually? I would be coming from a 335, and am worried the Z4 will be a bit too hardcore and lose the comforts of the 335. I think you got a good deal - I'm looking at doing ED for about $350/month with all the MSD's similarly equipped.
I absolutely love the car, so far..... I have only put about 100 miles on it. It's not my daily driver, but I wanted the "extreme" kind of 2nd car. A 2 seater that's built for performance.

A buddy of mine has a 2005 m3 vert that I confidently outperformed this past weekend

Another friend of mine has a 2008 335i coupe that I have ridden in and driven many times. It is definitely a comfortable ride that can turn into an animal if you want it to, but his is completely stock. The aggressive look of my car makes it look fierce compared to the softer lines of the 335 coupe. Very vanilla.....

The difference that I notice is that the 335i has that variability while the Z4 35is is not as dynamic. It wants to just go no matter what. I love the exhaust note, personally.... It is tuned beautifully and I feel like I'm driving a true niche vehicle that was built for the exact purpose of open road driving with the top down.